New computer

rins36 23:08 06 Mar 03

What software should I got with this?

powerless 23:12 06 Mar 03

Explain more please...

Do you mean you want a new computer and your wondering what software you should get.

Or...

You have a new computer and your wondering what software (if any) shoud have come with it?

Ironman556 23:35 06 Mar 03

Your compiter should have come with a Windows installation CD (if Windows is installed), graphics driver disc, sound driver disc, modem disc, motherboard disc, and probably some software for a cd-writer or for playing DVD's depending on what hardware you have. There'll also be discs for printers, scanners etc.

The sound/graphics drivers will probably be on the motherboard disc if they're onboard.

Ironman

woodchip 23:41 06 Mar 03

Have a look click here

woodchip 23:43 06 Mar 03
  rins36 20:21 07 Mar 03

I have purchased a new computer & I did not get any software cd's with it. The system has Win XP installed.

KrySTaL-KoDE 20:30 07 Mar 03

Hmm.. when I get a new computer, the first thing I do is:

Install (if not yet installed) and update all drivers;

Buy and install Norton AntiVirus on it;

Install a download accelerator, such as DAP, but personally my favourite is FlashGet;

Download and install the latest version of JetAudio;

Buy and make an office suite installation (such as Office XP);

Just an example - of course it'd depend on what you wanted to do with your new computer. But you really ought to make sure all the drivers for the peripherals and components are properly installed, and if not install them, no matter what you plan to do with your computer.

rins36 20:36 07 Mar 03

KrySTaL-KoDE

I would of thought that there would of been some software back up cd's with a new computer, not the need to go out & buy them. Buying the software adds to the cost of the computer

graham 20:38 07 Mar 03

Relax! Click start, programs, this will show all your programs installed. You don't need individual software disks.

Ironman556 20:43 07 Mar 03

I thought Windows had to be supplied if it was installed on a computer now?

rins36

Get in touch with the company who sold you your PC and ask if they can give you the install discs, they'll be useful if you reformat, or even if some hardware needs re-installing.

Ironman

rins36 20:46 07 Mar 03

Powerless

Yes the below is the info that i require

You have a new computer and your wondering what software (if any) shoud have come with it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…