New Comp + Norton 360 v.6

snowy30 01:31 AM 10 Jan 13
Answered

I have a new computer, it came with McAfee Virus scan seven preloaded onto it (I think it's seven) as well as other preloaded software. At the moment I'm still using my old computer, but still have over five months left of Norton 360 v.6 I renewed last summer on the old computer. If I set up my new computer now will it be wise to load Norton onto it? Will I still have the 170 days left of my subscription? Is Norton or McAfee better?

Taff™ 09:21 AM 10 Jan 13
Answer

Personally I prefer Norton 360 and it has obviously served you well. I have successfully transferred 360 to new computers and the method is to use your Norton Online Account - presumably you already have one of these?

If you log into that account you will see the Licence details for the current one and the number of days left on it. You will also find a download link which you should use to download the latest software to your new computer.

Obviously remove McAfee from the new computer first!

On one occasion I had to "Chat" with a Norton technician to tell them what I was doing and they remotely took over the computer and set up the remaining unexpired licence on the new one. (If the current version of 360 is a 3 licence version and you have spare licenses this probably won't be necessary.)

snowy30 18:08 PM 10 Jan 13

Cheers, Taff. It said I'm able to load it onto three other computers

Taff™ 20:56 PM 10 Jan 13

OK - let me know how you get on. If you're not sure post back here and I'll walk you through it. BTW - Have a Funeral tomorrow am so bear with me!!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites