"New" comodo firewall

hiwatt 15:30 29 Dec 07

Hi folks,I had to uninstall my comodo firewall and when I reinstalled the latest version it's a totaly different one to the one I had.The comodo shield was blue and this one is white.It also gives me a lot more prompts and to me looks more complicated.I suppose I was just used to the other one.Has this one been replaced or have I downloaded a different one?Thanks

anskyber 15:52 29 Dec 07

It was released quite recently, for file Hippo December 14th click here

rdave13 16:03 29 Dec 07

The firewall also has Proactive defence. Tried it but not for me. You can deactivate this or uninstal Comodo and reinstall and select , simple firewall' on installing.

hiwatt 15:16 02 Jan 08

Hi folks,I'm finding this a bit complicated with just too much prompts.Is there anyway of getting the version of comodo I had before?I'm not sure which version it was but it's the one with the blue coloured shield as opposed to white.Thanks.

Kemistri 15:23 02 Jan 08

You just need to get used to using it. There will be two reasons for the high number of prompts: firstly, it cannot refer to previous rules (obviously) and secondly, it will be in training mode if you opted for the default settings. Click the icon and change the levels from the context menu.

Also, read the help files to familiarise yourself with the changes.

hiwatt 15:57 02 Jan 08

What settings do you reccomend?Should I untick "display balloon messages?Thanks.

hiwatt 16:29 02 Jan 08

I've just noticed under the network defence section,it's saying it has blocked 214 intrusion attempts so far and under proactive defence it has blocked 4 SUSPICIOUS attemts.Is there a way that I can see what these attemts are?It sounds qyite serious.Thanks.

rdave13 19:34 02 Jan 08

If you prefer the older version try 2.4.18.184 from here; click here only for xp.

hiwatt 10:59 03 Jan 08

Thanks rdave13

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now