New CD- RW not recognised by Easy CD creator

lindyloo4 09:45 20 Jun 03

Just had a new CD-RW installed by an engineer as the old one had broken. It is recognised by Device Manager but not by Easy CD Creator. Of course I didn't find this out until the engineer had left!

I'm running Win ME and Easy CD Creator was pre installed. Any ideas please. I'm really fed up now as it took 3 visits from the engineer to finally get a replacement that worked. The two previous ones were faulty. :-((

I think that you may well need another visit from the engineer!

The fact is that many such CD-RW's are shipped with either a copy of Easy CD or Nero. To stop copies being made these are "Locked" to a specific brand/model and will not work on other devices. It sounds to me as though the CD is working (Can you write a CD with Win XP?) but that it is different from the original that was installed with your system and therefore Easy CD Creator is "Looking" for a SPECIFIC Make or model that it cannot find.

Another solution would be to get the manufacturers to ship the correct copy to you by post.

Sorry - ignore reference to XP - Just noticed that you have ME and that makes me even more sure that this is the problem if the CD is as old as ME it will be out of date by now.

Dumfy 10:05 20 Jun 03

It may be an idea to go to Roxio's website and download the latest drive update? It'll probably include your new drive and will update as necessary. Have a look at click here

It may help. Hope it does.

Dumfy

lindyloo4 15:46 20 Jun 03

Tried updating - no luck. Engineer coming out again on Tuesday. :-(((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…