new cd rom drive fitted recovery discs wont work

jolorna 07:23 05 Feb 03

my advent computer has had a different make cd rom drive fitted now the recovery discs won't work because cd drive isn't found this work has been done under warrenty by pc service call

STREETWORK 07:34 05 Feb 03

Sounds like the new drive was not allocated a drive letter, strange because on rebooting windows should have recognised it. Check the device manager and see if it is listed, if not win the add new hardware wizard, still no them back to sort it out.

jolorna 07:38 05 Feb 03

the drive is seen by the computer in windows but i cannot reformat the hard drive because the recovery discs cant find the cd rom drive

jolorna 07:49 05 Feb 03

have to go now will look back in tonight

jolorna 19:17 05 Feb 03

a matsushita 32x was replaced with a lg8521b 52x the computer is a pentium11 350mhz

BRYNIT 23:29 05 Feb 03

It might be your recovery disk is serching for the old CD rom. I would suggest you contact the service dept with this problem. If they can not sort the problem out over the phone get them to come out and check the system, and load the recovery disk to make sure it is working correctly.

User-312386 23:39 05 Feb 03

check in the bios to see if the cd-rom is enabled or delete it from device manager and re-boot

jolorna 07:45 06 Feb 03

yes i think you have got it right about it serching for the old cd rom drive the recovery is done starting with a floppy disc before the cd and i have removed the old cd drive using msconfig but i think it is showing its face on the floppy disc and that might be the problem
thanks everyone for all you help i will close the thread for now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…