new cd-rom drive

andylad303 01:53 27 May 04

I am considering buying a new cd-rom drive from an e-bayer.It is brand new but comes with no leads or manuals or software.Will this be a problem? or will my leads from my old one be o.k.Do I need the insallation cd or will windows m.e install it automatically. Thanx Andy

Dan the Confused 02:11 27 May 04

All you will need to use it is its driver.

Ironman556 03:32 27 May 04

Should have no problems. Take one drive out, put new drive in, boot up and you're done.

Windows will automatically sort out CD-ROM's writers etc, you don't need to do anything but connect the power and data cables.

Ironman556 03:37 27 May 04

I've bought 4 drives over the last couple of years, CDRW, DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM, usually they come with no cd, or if they do it's additional software that the drive doesn't need to run eg. Nero, Easy CD Creator.

Manuals often consist of "connect power and data cables". And "this product has a 1 year guarentee". The only thing you might need to change is the jumpers on the back (little bit of plastic spanning 2 pins) depending on if thye drive is master or slave, it will either come on cable select or master. Try it as it is first, if it doesn't work move the jumper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…