new cartridge but only prints green

nyleridedog 20:13 13 May 05

Hi guys

So i have bought myself a new colour cartridge and when printing it only prints in green!

any ideas?

cheers

Diodorus Siculus 20:19 13 May 05

Sounds like it is damaged; try a replacement.

961 20:21 13 May 05

take it back and get another

Belatucadrus 20:50 13 May 05

Sounds like the Cyan & Yellow are working, but Magenta is bunged up, I concur return it.

nyleridedog 20:52 13 May 05

cheers guys i will take it back!

nice one!

Sans le Sou 20:58 13 May 05

If its an Epson ,heads could need cleaning.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 21:46 13 May 05

I have an epson 915 stylus photo that occers some times when the printer has been inactive for a while i have to clean print head about 4 times then it clears

daba 01:38 14 May 05

Extended periods of not using an inkjet printer, in particular Epson models as they use a finer inkjet gap, can cause the ink to dry up in the print head.

Another cause is using cheaper "compatible" cartridges. Most-times these can cause print-head clogging due to inferior ink quality.

If after replacing the cartridge your problems continue, then you have a blocked print head and you can try the head cleaning functions.

As SurfMonkey _#:@}™ says, multiple cleans may be necessary.

If completely gummed up, then a cleaning cartridge may be available for your printer and you could try one of those.

If all the above fails to clear the problem, then it may be possible to introduce a more aggressive solvent directly to the ink collector cups where the cartridge outlet sits.

This will obviously depend on the model of your printer, AND WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY INVALIDATE any WARRANTY on the printer - unless your printer's instructions tell you to do this.

I believe that Iso-Propyl Alcohol is an effective inkjet un-blocker. A couple of drops into the ink cup, then replace the cartridge(s) and continue as if cartridge replacement has been done.

Several colour pages may need to be printed before the solvent does its job.

Try to use the printer regularly, by printing a colour image at least once a week to keep the heads clear. The ink used on this will be much less than that used on a cartridge change 'priming' cycle.

HTH

Diemmess 10:01 14 May 05

It sometimes clears itself when left overnight.....

If you had actually run out of a colour, the ink pathways may be dry.......... A minute airlock develops and will clear itself if allowed to rest with a new cartridge fitted. The ink then displaces any air, but the process is slow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…