New Cameras

Migwell 23:46 08 Jan 04

I am thinking about buying a new Digital Camera and wondered if any one has any views about the Fuji S 5000 With 10X optical lens

anchor 09:26 09 Jan 04

From reading a few customer reviews it seems to be a good camera. It appears to have won a "Best buy" also.

click here

minter 10:54 09 Jan 04

Any of the top names in digital cameras, e.i. Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Olympus, etc. will give very good results.

It's like buying a car, you look around, reduce your choice to a couple, and then pick the one you fancy.

I would recommend that you hold one in your hand before you purchase it, do not buy blind or you could be disappointed later. Everyone has a different way of holding a camera. Feel and comfort are a main consideration.

Fuji produce very good cameras, if you are decided on a S5000 then also have a look at click here

nick_j007 11:36 09 Jan 04

click here

An excellent resource that will cover many of your questions I expect.

Nick

xplogos 11:49 09 Jan 04

Take a look at this site:

click here

They even have pictures uploaded for each camera so you can see the quality you're going to get.

The comparometer tool they have is particularily useful.

JamesB

anchor 13:29 09 Jan 04

click here

click here

Price £283 here:

click here

It is in stock, and will be price matched by Jessops. Just take a print out.

wags 13:40 09 Jan 04

Migwell, a friend of mine has bought this camera and I have used it on a number of occassions. It is an excellent piece of kit, with a good (and powerful zoom) lens, is very comfortable to hold and is very light for it's size. It takes good shots both inside and outside, even under poor lighting conditions and has good colour saturation, balance and sharpness. I would recommend it.

If I needed a new camera (I have an Olmypus C4000Z, with which I am more than happy), it would definately be in my short list).

keenan 13:42 09 Jan 04

Always a good source for reviews click here

Migwell 20:38 09 Jan 04

Thank you all for taking the time and trouble to reply. I have read what each of you have said and will now visit all the (click here) links and read further what they say, but I recon you have helped to make my mind up.

Thank you all once again Migwell

now ticked as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…