New camcorder and Movie maker

Lord Isleworth 09:17 14 Nov 05

Hi, I have just purchased a new Sony Camcorder Mini DV DCR-HC19E. Very pleased with it and have captured our 10 month old desperately trying to crawl :) Anyway probably a very basic question but when transfering to my Dell 5000 pc using firewire I have a couple of questions. Firstlyy, if say for instance there is 20 mins of footage on the tape should I expect the download to take 20 mins? When I tried it yesterday movie maker rewound the tape and starting transferring the footage whilst playing it back. V basic question but should 20 mins of footage take 20 mins? Also if I have 5 mins of footage and then another 15mins then another 20mins it seems to stop after every interval, again am I doing something wrong. Lastly on the fold out screen there is a green spec, looks like a pixel, is this a fault? and will it come across when downloading to the pc??
Thanks in advance.

Pamy 15:04 14 Nov 05

Hi, Yes to the first question, don't know to the other two.

Pamy

LAP 15:38 14 Nov 05

2nd question, you can take manual control of your camera. A basic control panel will apear in MMaker. So while playing/viewing your video in MMaker you can start and stop recording various parts as you please. Suggest you record a bit before and after then edit these off in the timeline at the bottom. Hope this makes sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…