New-build power problem

FlamingBagel 22:02 26 Oct 09

I'm building a new PC and have connected up the motherboard and PSU. When I power-on nothing happens. There is obviously power coming out of the PSU (Antec 350W) as the power-button on the front of the PC is illuminated, but when I power-up nothing else happens, no spinning fans, no beeps, no signs o flife apart from the light on the power button. Any thoughts?

MAT ALAN 22:21 26 Oct 09

You should retrace your steps and make sure all cables and components are seated properly first...

Your PSU could be faulty (have to say 350W not big enough for modern computer)

You could have short from MOBO...

Asaqueens 23:06 26 Oct 09

In my experience when something like this happens it's usually something to do with the motherboad. Then again it may not be that straight forward as like 'MAT ALAN' said it could be the power supply.

If possible could you please state all your tech specs?
That being said try not to stress too much it could be something simple like the wires may not be in on the motherboard properly or plugged in wrongly (we all make mistakes)

Please post back i hope you get it going soon.

FlamingBagel 12:12 27 Oct 09

Sorry - I realise it would be sensible to post the specs....

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Video Card:ATI Radeon HD4350
Memory:Kingston 1Gb PC2 4200 CL4 ECC 240-pin DIMM
PSU: Antec Basiq 350W
Case: Gigabyte GZ X3

Asaqueens 15:07 27 Oct 09

Hey flamingbagel no worries :)

hmm from the look of things there i would certainly see about getting a slightly more powerful PSU. I am not entirely 100% sure the one you have is enough however i could be wrong. If possible see if you can borrow say.. a 500 watt or something off of someone you know and test it.
Then again the PSU may be fine. Have you tried reconnecting the cables ect to the motherboard?
If you still get no luck then it may very well be a faulty motherboard just like MAT ALAN said. I have had many of these before and these things can happen very easily im afraid :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…