New build - but no power on ?dead CPU/MB

Have completed a new build using Gigabyte EP45-DS3 MB, and Intel Core 2 duo E7300 processor. When I came to power up however there was no sign of life at all. Even though it was a new Gigabyte power supply, I bought a new Cooler Master supply with 2x4 additional CPU power leads in case this was the reason, but again I have no sign of anything at all - fan on power supply not coming on etc. I have checked the power switch and it is fine. I am stumped and not sure where to go next. I built quite a few PCs and never had this problem before.I presume that it must be either the CPU or MB that is dead, but as they come from different suppliers it is a bit tricky. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should proceed?

MAJ 23:00 19 Feb 09

Build it outside the case, it might be shorting on the case.

Good idea - would be great if that were the problem - will try tomorrow. Thanks.

ashleycardwell94 00:19 20 Feb 09

have you made sure that the MOBO (MOther BOard) is connected to the PSU. have you connected the power switch cable from the front of the case to the motherboard??? is the processor connected(Any broken pins)???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now