New build no post...yet again!

*Silver*Hawk* 16:39 29 Dec 04

Hello all, Just built a new system which was an amd athlon 64 3000 754 pin and I think an MSI K8T mother board. All installed, pressed the power switch and nothing, just the fans spinning, no post beep and the monitor just stays black. All I know is, the mother board seems to be working fine and I dont think the gfx card is the problem as I removed it and the same problem occurs. I have an MSI Bracket diagnostics and it came up with four red lights, which means a possible damaged or not installed properly processor. I definately installed it correctly as it fit in nice and snug and the heatsink went on perfect. Do you think I should get a refund on the processor?

^wave^ 16:47 29 Dec 04

have you checked the compatability of the mother board

*Silver*Hawk* 16:48 29 Dec 04

they came in a motherboard kit. Don't think that would be an issue. but thanks for the suggestion.

Pamy 16:50 29 Dec 04

Hello Silver Hawk,

sorry you have not got a reply yet again. Perhaps no one has an answer to your question, but if you think the CPU is the problem , then yes take it back.

Pamy

*Silver*Hawk* 16:55 29 Dec 04

hi, I didn't mean no one replied, I mean this always seems to be a problem on the help forum. ;) Will take it back tomorrow. Thanks.

Pamy 16:55 29 Dec 04

sorry Silver Hawk about no reply yet again , mis read your title. Still think you should take it back.

Pamyy

The Spires 17:33 29 Dec 04

I don't want to insult your intelligence but have you have connected the centre CPU power connector, I omitted this once.

*Silver*Hawk* 17:59 29 Dec 04

Hey the spires, everyone else. I was pretty ignorant actually. I have finally connected the cpu power connector lol, but at least I didn't read your post "the spires" before I done that. Hehe, how stupid of me. Anyway, it finally got past the four red lights and now it had 1 green and three red, which I hadn't a clue, but in the end figured it out and it came down to a faulty stick of ram, so took it out and used the other one, so going to get a refund on the other stick. anyway it all booted up and posted, and I forgot to plug the power into the dvd drive. Anyway, thanks for all your help. The system should run really well now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…