new build, no picture

jonnybegood 21:42 16 Mar 04

can anyone help. built a new pc about 2 weeks ago (p4 4.6-800fsb, msi m/board-msi,gforce 4 gfx, 512ddr mem)it worked happely for 2 weeks, now nothing. powers there but nothing on the monitor. tryed 3 monitors and 2 other gfx cards and it`s still the same, nothing going to the monitor. any idea`s would be most helpfull.

©®@$? 21:45 16 Mar 04

any beeps at startup

jonnybegood 21:49 16 Mar 04

no, no beeps, nothing just powering up.

jonnybegood 21:55 16 Mar 04

is it possable the cpu could have burnt out. it`s not been clocked, or there`s no power going to the cpu.

©®@$? 21:57 16 Mar 04

could well be the cpu!

try clearing the cmos if you havnt already

gudgulf 22:33 16 Mar 04

See if you can try your cpu in another computer.

My guess is that with no post or other bios beeps you are looking at a failed motherboard--most will give some sort of beep code for memory/graphics card etc.

©®@$? 11:58 17 Mar 04

failed cpu will not allow the system to beep also.

norman47 13:05 17 Mar 04

When you say power is there, is the psu and cpu fans spinning? Or is it giving just a shudder and then stop? Is there a light on the motherboard or do the cd rom lights come on?

If they are, disconnect all hard drives and optical drives ( cdroms \ cdrw's \ dvd's). Also take out all the pci cards, especially the modem, but leave the graphics card in.

jonnybegood 15:47 17 Mar 04

yer, both fans are spinning, no lights on the motherboard but there were non when it was working and the only card thats in is the gfx. the next thing is try the cpu in another motherboard.

BIG ben strikes 10 16:17 17 Mar 04

hi i had the same problem.i built a computer and there was no boot.it was a faulty fan,the heatsink was bent.lol.the shop i bought all of my components from.they payed for all damamage and put everything back to how it would have been.i got lucky.good luck to you.

norman47 17:31 17 Mar 04

Yes, trying the cpu in another machine sounds a good idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…