New build advice required

Scorpion Bay 21:47 07 Dec 07

Sorry, I posted this in the Consumerwatch forum by mistake. Which was wrong. Obviously.

I am looking to build my own desktop PC in the near future. I have already decided on the Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics card, but could anyone out there give me some advice on which motherboard and processor to use?

I would want them to be as powerful as possible, as I am in the fortunate position of not having to worry about the cost. Eventually I will use the PC for everything; gaming (online and offline), movies, music, the works.

Alan-Petrie 22:58 07 Dec 07

deffinetly a core 2 duo possible a quad core if you want

click here
possibly that for a motherboard but am not sure if there is combatibilty issues with pci ex 2.0 and a 1.0 card.

Alan-Petrie 23:00 07 Dec 07

click here that for a cpu

Alan-Petrie 23:03 07 Dec 07

pci express is backwards compatible so that souldnt be a problem

Devil Fish 23:17 07 Dec 07

Consumer watch thread

click here

Devil Fish 23:24 07 Dec 07

have linked the 2 together so people can see what is going on

for future reference if you think you have made a mistake and open a new thread we all do from time to time its best close the origional thread with a tick which you will find at the bottom and leave the new one open

wishing you all the best on building your new rig

D

RobCharles1981 23:32 07 Dec 07

For the Intel Chips for Motherboard Id say the Asus Striker Extreme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…