new build!!

niknax 19:54 24 Jul 04

hi have a problem with a new build today, asrock board xp3000 120gb 128mb geforce gaphics card 1024 ram xp home

problem is that eveything has loaded fine, except when i put in the old drive from other machine, as a slave the pc won't boot,i get the message that windows has closed down. i get a blue screen with drive might have an virus or it's not configured proparly!! the problem is this hard drive is a guys works drive with everything on it!! what do i do know??

many thanks Nik

THE TERMINATOR 20:09 24 Jul 04

Are both drives on the same cable or on seoerate one's....TT

niknax 20:17 24 Jul 04

on the same cable

howard60 20:28 24 Jul 04

have you got the slave drive in the middle connector of the ribbon cable?

flyingpeterpan 20:32 24 Jul 04

Have you changed the jumpers ?

niknax 21:05 24 Jul 04

jumpers on drive as slave, cable is connected as middle

Nik

howard60 21:08 24 Jul 04

Try the second drive as master on ide cable 2

niknax 13:08 25 Jul 04

i made the cdrw a slave on ide 1 hd a master
put the other two hd on ide2 as master & slave everything boots up fine until windows xp home screen starts then after quite some time there is nothing on the screen, op is not there?

help please Nik

flyingpeterpan 13:38 25 Jul 04

Why did you take this old drive out and put it in your new PC as a slave anyway, was it not working already,if it was, I think we are all wasting time.Can you not put it back in the old machine and have a try?

Rayuk 15:00 25 Jul 04

Just put new drive as Primary master and old one as Secondary master.
You can transfer everything you need onto new drive then remove drive and connect cdrw back in.

niknax 16:37 25 Jul 04

okay all sorted, thanks to everyone!!

took one of the drives out, 2hdd on ide1 and cdrw & dvd on ide2 the guy decided he did not need the older drive! anyway it's running very nice!!
sorry if you thought i wasted your time (flingpeterpan) but i got a bit stuck!! we all have to learn

Nik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…