New to BT Yahoo Broadband

exdragon 13:42 17 Dec 04

Hi - I've just connected this and wonder if someone could help with the following:

In an earlier post, several people said they switched BB off when they weren't using their PCs - how?

How do I continue to use Outlook 2002 instead of Yahoo? If I try to send emails from this prog, I am prompted to connect via the previous BT Anytime dial up number.

In Yahoo browser/settings/internet options, it shows my dial up modem and BT Anytime dial up number - do I need to change anything here?

Thanks in advance - I'm still fumbling my way around it.

Technotiger 13:47 17 Dec 04

Hi, to disconnect (turn-off) BTBB, you ahould have a small icon on your taskbar bottom-right of screen, right-click on it and I believe you will then have the option to disconnect. Not totally sure cos mine is different, although I do have BTBB.

Salinger 13:49 17 Dec 04

Easiest way to disconnect is to right click on the "two computers" icon (in Sys Tray) then click on disconnect.

exdragon 14:22 17 Dec 04

Thanks, the pair of you, but I don't have anything in the system tray which refers to either BB or connection

PsiFox 14:29 17 Dec 04

If you have the BT Yahoo basic package then this would ex[lainwhy you are prompted for your dial up connection when sending mail. The basic package does not come with an email account just webmail. It is however available for an increase in your monthly payment.

with regards to the BB icons there can be 2:

1. nomally is made from one upward pointing arrow and one down.
2. 4 little squares.

PsiFox

Magik ®© 14:42 17 Dec 04

I just leave mine on..........

PsiFox 14:49 17 Dec 04

^ Me too

iambeavis 14:50 17 Dec 04

If you're using a speed touch modem go to Start>All Programs>Speed Touch Dial-up and, there, you should find a disconnect option. Barring that - Control Panel>Network connections and right click BT Yahoo Broadband then disconnect.

exdragon 14:59 17 Dec 04

It isn't the basic one, and I've just realised my emails which are in Yahoo are also in Outlook Express. I've rung BT, who say they don't support Outlook as it a Microsoft product, but the chap told me that if I checked the 'My server requires outgoing SMTP authentication' option, I'd be able to use it. I still get the dial up dialogue box, though, so can't use it.

The oly BB icons I have in the system tray are for Yahoo Browser, Messenger and Help - am I missing something?

TomJerry 15:04 17 Dec 04

when you do not use net,

cannot be easier than that

iambeavis 15:14 17 Dec 04

As you appear to have two different numbers, you need to configure "Outlook" to look for the correct one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5