New Broadband - pages won't fully load

Chris69 12:11 20 Oct 05

Folks

Apologies if this is stupid, but I'm new to Broadband.

For many used I've used dial-up internet connections (through Tisacli, now Alice here in France) with no problems. Apart from occassionally after a heavy session on complicated web pages (e.g. bank accounts) further pages refused to load until I cleared the IE or Firefox cache, upon which they've loaded fine.

But I've now taken the plunge with Broadband (USB linked). Connection is fine (most of the time ...) and most simple web pages load fine. But in last few days more complex pages refuse to fully load. It appears they're still loading but no matter how long I wait, nothing comes up. If I revert to a simpler website it works fine.

Indeed, as I type the screen tells me its still transferring data from "b.pcadvisor.co.uk" although the page seems to have loaded fine ...

I've tried emptying caches but makes no difference.

Any ideas anyone - please treat me simply !!!

Best wishes

Chris

retep888 15:45 20 Oct 05

What's your BB's speed?

What computer do you have? Can you give some specifications please,so members can help?

<< Connection is fine (most of the time ...)>> Why is that? Have you checked this out with the Tiscali people?

<<most simple web pages load fine. But in last few days more complex pages refuse to fully load>> Depending on the age of your pc, try lower the display property from high to medium.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…