New to Broadband, D-Link modem/router problems

v51 16:41 10 Feb 04

Can anybody help?
I am trying to change from 56k to Broadband (with Virgin). The Broadband line has been activated and I have just purchased the D-Link Wireless Router DSL-604+ and the D-Link ADSL Modem DSL-300G+.
I am having a number of problems with both.

Firstly I cannot get my Windows XP to recognise either router or modem, so accessing the internet is a real problem. How do I tell the computer that its connected to a modem? It also does not recognise when I am online and tells me that I am offline, and asks to connect. This is quite frustrating. The lack of an installation CD-ROM for both items might be to blame. I have been able to get online to the web based Manager but still the computer does not recognize either router or modem.

I cannot get the router to work at all. I have the phone line connected to the ADSL port of the modem, and then a cable from modem Ethernet port to router Ethernet port, and another cable from one of the other router Ethernet ports into the NIC Ethernet port in the computer.

I have been trying to configure the XP to work, but I also have a Windows 98 and a Windows 95 laptops and dread the amount of time and effort I'm going to have to put in to get them onto broadband.

Any advice would be appreciated. Alternatively I may take an axe to the whole setup.

SEASHANTY 16:54 10 Feb 04

If you do not get any response here there is another
forum with info on this particular router
click here

Did you contact virgin for the settings needed for your router/modem.

Go to the DLink site and look for the required drivers for the equipment you have.

Hope this helps Its all I can think of at the moment.

v51 10:53 11 Feb 04

Thanks for the suggestions - the D-Link site looks like a good place to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…