New avg 8.0

veronm1978 21:08 01 May 08

Hey All,
I just downloaded the latest version of avg there as i was told according to them the old version would expire on may 31 so i said i would get in ahead of time. so i went through the whole process and when i rebooted my computer i discovered i had been phished. I have gone in to add & remove & uninstalled it but i'm wondering has anybody else encountered this or is it just me? I don't have any anti virus running now and obviousley am a little concerned as i don't like running my p.c without being as protected as i can. Should i attempt to download it again or should i download the old version? Sorry now this prob sounds very silly but i'm not the best in the world when it comes to these things but i sure as hell don't want my poor p.c to be infected. if anybody can advise me best on what to do i would really appreciate it. Thanking you all in advance forum members

VoG II 21:15 01 May 08

What do you mean by "i had been phished"?

bobbybluenose 21:19 01 May 08

have a look at click here
and click here

bobbybluenose 22:32 01 May 08

be nice to know how you resolved the prob

Nuneatonian 10:18 02 May 08

Hi all
Just recently my 7.5 does not update. The box comes up and nothing downloads. I have had the popup to upgrade to the new AVG 8, and I have looked at the free version. I don't want all the extra bits, I have vista so some of features so I have firewall and windows defender are already there. I just want the updated version of 7.5 not all the bumph! Have heard the new one causes problems, a bit nervous!!

Nuneatonian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now