new avg 7...says email scanner is not installed

frankie 22:04 27 Dec 04

new avg 7...says email scanner is not installed.the plugin bits are greyed out.. on my girlfriends they are there how come not on mine,i have xp pro she has xp home.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 27 Dec 04

AVG E MAIL SCANNER SETUP

click here

griffon 56 01:03 28 Dec 04

Hi Fruit Bat,
Does your link refer to AVG 7.0 Free or to the paid version? because I can't see a 'Wizard' button in the EMS setup screen, and the scanner connects automatically when I look for mail because an 'Automatic login' button is checked on the POP3 Server Connection setup screen. This button does not appear on the screen shot provided by AVG's setup instructions, and, in any case, I can't see a link on AVG's site to the 'Email Account Settings' your link leads to. Any comments?

Djohn 01:29 28 Dec 04

They are most likely greyed out because at some time you have click on the button that says Ignore plug-in.

Open AVG and double click on the email Icon then on the "Configure" button. place a tick in the first 4 of the top 6 boxes. [Email scanning] Place a tick in the first two of the three in the middle section. [Scanning properties].

Place a tick in the first attachment filter box [Use heuristic email message filter]. Click on OK and OK again, it should work now, please post back if not.

AragornUK 09:35 28 Dec 04

What program are you using for your Email? I used Incredimail as the default email application for a while, and AVG wouldn't recognise it by default, without a bit of messing about. In the end it only ever scanned incoming email, never outgoing.

frankie 18:28 30 Dec 04

nothing in the box configure greyed out wont let me do nothing there no plugins

Djohn 18:49 30 Dec 04

It sounds as though your download is not complete or may be a corrupted one frankie. Uninstall the one you have and try a fresh download from here. click here Scroll down to the bottom of the page and follow the instructions, it should come through OK and when you install choose all the default settings, it can always be adjusted later.

frankie 21:26 03 Jan 05

cheers djohn done as advised installed fine now updated all fine...grand chap you are.owe you one..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…