new asus laptop had lizard link virus cleaned now will not boot

dominicanguides 16:38 24 Nov 13

Hi:

Have new asus laptop with windows 8 had lizard link virus cleaned with adw cleaner , junk removal tool and malbytes antimalware and then connected to internet via wifi and didreboot and now laptop comes up with nomedia file error ,will not reboot, no recovery disk ,please help appreciate all

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 24 Nov 13

First, turn on your PC and repeatedly hit SHIFT+F8 right before the Windows 8 logo is seen on screen.

Then make your way to the “Advanced options” and try both the “System Restore” and “Automatic Repair” settings.

dominicanguides 18:22 24 Nov 13

this is windows 8 just fyi--when i hit shoft f8 alli get is "PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE check cable then pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom

Bris 19:02 24 Nov 13

The message you are getting implies that it is trying to load the OS from the network (internet) possibly caused by the virus.

Try going into the BIOS and look for any entries that refer to PXE or look at the boot sequence and remove any entries for "other devices".

Note the settings before you change them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 24 Nov 13

PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE check cable then pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom

means that the laptop cannot see your hard drive

dominicanguides 19:06 24 Nov 13

ok it got me to repair but no luck with repair but can get to "Aptio set up utility" , where i can go to bios etc, i do not care if i lose all info i just need to boot again and start fresh so any help is appreciated!

i can go to boot section where my priorities it shows is boot option 1 realtext pxe bo3 d00 then boot option 2 windows boot manager, what should i do thanks alot

dominicanguides 19:14 24 Nov 13

error from recovery is: your pc needs to be repaired

a required device isnt connected or cant be accessed

error code 0xc0000225

dominicanguides 19:16 24 Nov 13

oh i left out in recovery it says for error:

file:\windows\system32\winload.efi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…