New Asus EeePC and HDD is partitioned in 2

Giggle n' Bits 19:14 06 Sep 09

I got a Asus EeePC 160GB Netbook yesterday and set it up today and found the HDD has been partitioned into 2 parts.

I have some questions and require help please

How can I remove this second Partition and give it back to the main C drive ?

Would it be ok to remove the second partition?

Their is nothing in the partition and no hidden files.

If I kept this 2nd partition how do I work with it. Do I install programmes into this second partition maybe and/or could I make a folder and save Documents into it

Was a bit shocked to see it in 2 drives.

Giggle n' Bits 20:33 06 Sep 09

I intend to use it for mobile work saving photo's to it when my camera gets full. Also office documents.

cream. 21:01 06 Sep 09

You can store all your photos and documents on the partition. That way they are safe if windows gets corupt and you have to reinstall windows.

Or you could delete the partition in windows disk management and use click here to merge the 2 drives together.

Giggle n' Bits 21:04 06 Sep 09

If I keep the Partition then say for storing my work. Could I install Digital Camera software and install some other programes into this second partition without causing problems as long as I don't fill it up the second partition ?

Thank u

cream. 21:11 06 Sep 09

Could I install Digital Camera software and install some other programes into this second partition without causing problems

Most software will install to the partition but a small ammount of the program will be written to the C drive. So if you do have a problem with windows and you have to reinstall, you will have to reinstall the program.

All your data saved on the partition will be safe from a windows crash, but it is always advisable to backup any important data/photos just in case the whole drive goes kaput.

Giggle n' Bits 21:26 06 Sep 09

I will just store my documents then on the 2nd partition.

Finally, could I create a My Pictures folder or My Documents folder in the 2nd partition or would this cause problems ?

cream. 21:28 06 Sep 09

move my pictures and documents folder to a different partition.

That will give you some idea.

Giggle n' Bits 21:54 06 Sep 09

Have I understood you right. So its ok if I Move the My Pictures & My Documents folder to the 2nd partition. Can I copy them so they are in both partitions ?

woodchip 23:27 06 Sep 09

yes but you "cannot" just copy paste it or drag it there.

woodchip 23:28 06 Sep 09

yes but you "cannot" just copy paste it or drag it there. click here

Giggle n' Bits 00:20 07 Sep 09

Will just manually make some folders then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now