New Adware Application "MEMOLOGWMARECT"

eego 21:26 26 Aug 05

I have recently inherited this Application that Norton AV identifies as Adware. It activates when I connect to the internet: Any suggstions.
08/26/2005 19:46:06 - Registry modification detected
Root:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Value:wma rect meta way
Data:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MEMOLOGWMARECT\fordlong.exe
New Data:
08/26/2005 19:46:08 - Registry modification detected
Root:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Value:wma rect meta way
Data:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MEMOLOGWMARECT\fordlong.exe
New Data:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MEMOLOGWMARECT\PartMess.ex

VoG II 21:54 26 Aug 05

Delete it.

eego 00:07 27 Aug 05

Thanks VOG""
I have already tried that but it seems to reactivate on startup and I was hoping some one could give me some idea where it is likely to have originated from.

Skills 00:17 27 Aug 05

Disable system restore this will clean out all of your restore points and then run something like ccleaner click here which will clean out all of the temporary folders and prefetch folder. Then reboot go into safe mode and delete it again thats reg keys and all folders it refers too, run a scan with norton afterwards and another antispyware program of your choice and then reboot.

eego 10:07 27 Aug 05

Skills
Thanks for your response, I've just kicked in for the day. Will do as you suggest and let you know the results, although my normal protection software Skybot, Adaware & Spycatcher didn't seem to be able to deal with it. I did manage to download and run "Super Spy Blocker" that appears to have had some success and stopped the .exe files from loading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…