New ADSL old Network

jay123 11:16 28 Jan 05

We are being upgraded to the BT ADSL 512kbps service on monday, we already have a home network in place using a netgear router. Our old ISP did not require s modem so we have a bare router without a modem. To access the ADSL service we need a modem, the one suplied my BT is a USB device and i'd rarther not have one of the PC's permanatly on so the USB device is a bit useless, i've contacted bt and they dont do any other modems.
I've looked at networkable ADSL modems but there seams to be a very limited selection, the other option is to replace my router.
Sugestions of products/solutions would be apretiated.
Thanks

M

Rigga 11:33 28 Jan 05

You'll need an ADSL Router.

There's Loads on this site and I've used them before!

Try > click here <

Or > click here < if the above link doesn't work.

R.

georgemac © 11:38 28 Jan 05

click here D-Link DSL-300T Ethernet ADSL Modem

It would appear you are looking only for an adsl modem to plug into your exisiting router?

I am sure ebuyer will have manu click here but the site is down for maintenance at the moment - you could also buy a combined adsl modem/router which will simply replace your existing router

I assume you have a wired network?

georgemac © 11:51 28 Jan 05

click here good reviews - cheap product - Ebuyer 4 Port SPI Firewall ADSL Modem Router

click here D-link Dsl-504t Adsl Router With Built In 4 Port 10/100 Base-t Switch

hope this helps

jay123 12:42 28 Jan 05

Yes it is a wired network. I was hopeing not to have to replace the router as it is less than 6 months old. I'd looked at the D-link modem but the reviwes sugested it doesnt like working with netgear routers.
M

georgemac © 13:09 28 Jan 05

Personally I would just bite the bullet and get a new adsl modem/router - there will be no conflicts - the origo one at ebuyer gets good customer reviews

I have also installed a couple of dlink wireless adsl routers lately and have been very impressed with the dlink kit.

jay123 13:32 28 Jan 05

Thanks,
Anyone want to buy a nearly new netgear router? lol
M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…