New AdAware Problematic.

Miros 09:11 24 Jul 07

Having used the old AdAware for a number of years and being unable to recall a problem, I'm now finding the latest version just to troublesome.

Yesterday I couldn't open or load it so uninstalled. Downloaded a new copy installed it updated it, registered it, did two scans which both failed to allow me to finalise i.e. remove what it found.

Is anyone else having these problems, I'm thinking of removing it altogether and just relying on other spyware programs. No point in having a guard dog if it don't bark!

johnnyrocker 10:00 24 Jul 07

ditto mine does not update, it keeps sayiing cannot connect to server etc, like you i am going to try a re install if that fails tis the bin.

johny

johnnyrocker 10:12 24 Jul 07

just re installed and got same issues, i shall wait a bit to see if someone comes up with the answer first.

johnny.

MichelleC 10:14 24 Jul 07

I think the latest version is less than useless. The older v was great.

Shortstop 10:23 24 Jul 07

Hi,

The 'old' Adaware was a good piece of software - worked well, updated well and was solid & reliable. IMHO the new software fails on all counts and has been removed from my system as there are other software options out there that do the same thing and are now better.

It is a pity that, for seemingly just a new interface, I have had to ditch what used to be a perfectly good product.

BR

Paul

Stuartli 10:36 24 Jul 07

Strangely enough the Ad-Aware 2007 works fine for me in all respects...:-)

Miros 11:36 24 Jul 07

Apart from Stuartli maybe we all have something causing a conflict? I wonder could it be remnants of the old system?

Stuartli did you do anything special when you installed it? For instance did you first uninstall the old one, or as I did which was install over the old one?

Stuartli 11:39 24 Jul 07

As it was a completely new version of Ad-Aware, I did uninstall Ad-Aware 1.6SE prior to installing, then immediately updating, Ad-Aware 2007.

It seemed common sense at the time..:-)

Stuartli 11:40 24 Jul 07

Every time I install or uninstall hardware or software, I run CCleaner (Issues>Scan for Issues) straight afterwards.

It's surprising what it clears out.

Miros 11:42 24 Jul 07

Thanks that's worth a try.

cocteau48 11:58 24 Jul 07

Miros
As with Stuartli mine works OK.
I seem to recall that the installation of the 2007 version "self uninstalled" the Personal SE version during installation.
My only gripe is that when it carries out a definition file update ,which it does successfully,the new version does not show on the user interface immediately after the download but only after you reboot the prog. itself.
Small point,I know, but a nuisance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now