(NEW) Ad-aware SE available

Djohn 11:24 10 Aug 04

click here New free version available from here. Used the old version and it came up clean, downloaded and ran new version, it found 44 new objects.

Download and save to desktop or folder, log off close down other running programs then install by following on-screen instructions. You will see the message that old version has been found "Do you wish to remove before replacing?" Click, yes and carry on with install. j.

jonnytub 11:26 10 Aug 04
  Djohn 11:30 10 Aug 04

:o(

dagwoood 11:34 10 Aug 04

;-)

jonnytub 11:40 10 Aug 04

he he ;-)

Anyway dagwood, it's not like you to miss something like this, your normally first to the post :0)

Graham ® 12:24 10 Aug 04

14 new critical objects found. Some of them were cookies, yet they weren't in the cookie list.How can that be?

Yol 13:16 10 Aug 04

Anyone with any experience of this?
is there a better one?

poogles_uk 13:22 10 Aug 04

I use this and Spybot search and destroy.

Al_Bun_D 13:53 10 Aug 04

spyware stormer click here

Djohn 14:53 10 Aug 04

Copied from a post by Powerless, may explain why the new version is working better.

=================================================

With the ability to scan your RAM, registry, hard drives, and external storage devices for known data-mining, advertising, and tracking components, Ad-aware SE easily can clean your system, allowing you to maintain a higher degree of privacy while you surf the Web.

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition boasts a number of improvements. Extended memory scanning now scans all modules loaded by a process. Scanning uses the all- new CSI (Code Sequence Identification) technology to identify new and unknown variants of known targets. Extended registry scanning now scans registry branches of multiple-user accounts and performs additional smart checks to detect dynamically created references.

Scanning speed is noticeably faster, and this version offers an Extended Scanning mode for known and unknown/possible browser hijackers. Extended Disk scanning now scans and lists alternate data streams on NTFS volumes. Ad-Aware SE supports the scanning of cabinet files (including spanned archives) and now uses a much smaller definitions file.

The improved graphical UI supports customized skins and offers a more user-friendly method for viewing plug-ins and extensions. The new Scan Results view includes a scan summary and detailed view. Ad-Aware SE now links to the online TAC database.

New tweak options include the ability to unload process modules during a scan, obtain a command line of scanned processes, and ignore spanned cabinet files.

The permanent, archive-caching feature always attempts to unload modules before deletion. Log-file improvements include support for separate removal of log files and the ability to add a reference summary/index. In general, Ad-aware SE's log file contains more detailed information.

ventanas 15:08 10 Aug 04

I think I may have realised why my scan with the new version still showed no new objects, as mentioned in the other thread. I performed a smart scan instead of a full system. So will give it another go tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…