Netwwork Getting Me Down

The Paul 22:11 19 Nov 03

I have tried for 4 weeks to get a P2P Newtork up and running on my Desktop and Laptop. D/top runs XP Pro and L/top WinME.

1st time out I got nothing but could share Internet. Then all hell broke loose and I had to reformat and start all over on D/top. 2nd time I got to see the L/top and could go into it and work away - but no Internet sharing. I believe that I couldnt go from the L/top to D/top due to NTFS file system which WinME doesnt recognise.

Then last few days, I've noticed that the IP address on D/top has changed everytime I boot up. The address is hugely different each time. Tonight the following happened. There was NO IP address, the taskbar had changed from the XP blue to an awful grey/cream colour, fonts changed even on Start button.

Is there something that I am doing or do I just start all over again. I really am getting weary of this but need to have the two systems networked for file sharing and for Internet sharing.

Help please. Paul

The Paul 23:16 19 Nov 03

refresh

BarryKeith 23:21 19 Nov 03

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…