Networks and Internet Explorer

hairyface 22:18 30 Aug 03

Just bought a Wireless card (Sitecom WL-100i, 802 11g)trying to access internet through a hotel network, which worked previously with a card hired from the hotel. my new card finds the signals for 6 networks, but IE will not work, no connection available, try to reconnect.I have run the network wizard, (Win XP Pro)tried manual configuration,enabled or disabled everything in networking properties or Internet properties, still no luck!
I also had the same problem at an Internet cafe with a LAN connection. Retried the hired wireless card after having installed my own wireless card, accessed immediately!
Anybody got a fix?Its driving me mad!

jazzypop 23:41 30 Aug 03

Make a note of the settings for the hired wireless card, and enter them for your Sitecom card when you replace it.

It could be the WEP settings, ad-hoc vs access point, or a whole number of different settings.

It may also be that the hotel will only let it's own adaptors work, identified via their MAC addresses.

Have you asked the hotel what settings you should be using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…