networks

gasser 01:40 21 Jun 03

I have a laptop and desktop, and only one Internet 56k modem access point. Is it possible to use some sort of wireless setup with a non broadband modem? The info I have seen seems to suggest nto, but it's never clear.

Terrahawk 02:30 21 Jun 03

internet sharing is possible but on 56k not really a viable option it would grind your connection to a virtual halt i have connection sharing on broad band and notice quite a slow down if both machines are on the network

fitshase 11:29 21 Jun 03

If you mean that you want to set up a wireless network, it is possible. But (and it's a big but), like Terrahawk says, sharing a 56k internet access will be an unpleasant experience if both computers are using it at the same time.

You can set up a wireless network and share files with the desktop - but again, sharing the internet connection will be painfully slow.

If, however, you want to wirelessly access the internet from your laptop, there is a device by BT which uses DECT technology. It is a wireless modem and DECT handset. The modem uses the DECT technology to access the internet through the DECT basestation (much like the handset accesses the phone line wirelessly through the base station). It doens't come cheap though (click here).

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…