NetworkinInternet connection with BelkinF5D7632uk4

meepy 15:25 22 Jan 06

I am trying to set up a home network using the above equipment on a Dell Dimension 2400 with ethernet cable to router/modem.So far there appears to be no communication between them and I am unable to access the internet.I cannot configure the router as a result. Have already exchanged one router as Belkin support thought it may be faulty but am no further forward with the replacement.Help!!

mgmcc 16:12 22 Jan 06

You access the router's Setup pages by entering its IP address (usually 192.168.2.1 for Belkin routers) into a web browser. You *DON'T* need to be connected to the internet to be able to do this.

It may be necessary initially to enter your network adapter's IP address manually if you cannot access the router. In the Network Connections folder, right click the Local Area Connection and select Properties. Highlight "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click the Properties button. Click "Use the following IP address and enter:

IP address - 192.168.2.2

Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway - 192.168.2.1 (the router's IP address)

Preferred DNS Server - 192.168.2.1 (the router's IP address)

Click OK back through the boxes and then see if your web browser can access 192.168.2.1

meepy 16:58 22 Jan 06

Initial connection with internet established! Many thanks for prompt clear advice - now on to the network side of things!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant