networking....again!

westdudes 19:31 21 Mar 04

hi,

im using two computers, both windows xp via a router.speedtouch 510 and im using aol as my internet provider.

i can get them both to go on the internet fine,but i cannot get them to 'see eachother' when i run the home network wizard in the control panel.i tried everything i can think off...all the options that i've clicked on have been the correct ones.

has anyone got any ideas?
thanks in advance
simon

SEASHANTY 19:36 21 Mar 04

See if there is any help on the network FAQ's website I gave in this link
click here

Smiler 19:37 21 Mar 04

Anything here to help click here

westdudes 19:44 21 Mar 04

thanks for the help but ive tried all them kind of websites several times....when i first bought the router btw, i set the computers up too file share just fine...but then when i tried to get them on the internet thats when i started having problems.....but after finding out that the router only allows usersnames of less than 8 characters it allowed me too have internet on both comps...however then i lost the ability to file share! so now im completly lost...ive tried resetting all the connections on the speedtouch to default...ive tried reloading the software....ive formatted one computer in vain...havnt the other because it got important files on and i really dont want too have too buy more dvd's to put them on.

anyideas? im completly lost

Indigo 1 19:50 21 Mar 04

I may have recommended this before but it won't hurt to bring it up again, click here hope you find it helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…