Networking an XP (Home) to an ME Computer

Caskstrength60 22:21 10 Oct 03

I've read thru the disussions and answers posted here and i can't find an answer to a problem i'm having . the XP (Home) one is connected via the built in Lan on the GA-7VKML board and the ME one via a PCI card.I've ran the network wizard on both (disabling the firewalls) .On the XP one nothing appears in the Network places just a warning that Mshome (the workplace ) is not accessible and i don't have permission to access etc (i am the administrator on this computer) . On the ME computer only it self shows up in the network places , but i can get an internet gateway from the ME one thru the XP one . I've tried Pinging , i can ping the ME one from the XP one but not vice versa .
Is there something i'm missing ?
Is there something at fault in the XP one ?
I've notice a few things mentioned but havn't been able to find them on my computer (one was a registry alteration) .
Hope someone can help as i've been thru a load of Forums , support places and couldn't find anything similar to my problem.
Thanks in advance
Gordon

Caskstrength60 22:23 10 Oct 03

By the way , yes i am using a crossover cable .

Boluwd 23:04 10 Oct 03

bump

mark e 23:07 10 Oct 03

click here This may help.

Caskstrength60 23:32 10 Oct 03

It's not a cable Modem mark e , it's a BT voyager usb , i've been thru most of the stuff there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…