Networking using the Mains wiring

HauxtonPhil 18:01 17 Sep 04

I know that this subject has been on this and the comsumer watch forum before, but time goes by... A client asked me today if he could have such a system as he had just read an article on the subject (somewhere) and thought it looked like a good idea. (His wife is actively opposing a mobile phone mast at the moment, so as you can imagine, a wireless network is out of the question !!!).
So does anyone have ANY experience of a network system which uses the mains wiring to carry the signals?

Lionheart ? 18:34 17 Sep 04

Seems a possibility, not had any experience of this though. click here

mosfet 20:43 17 Sep 04

I assume a signal is passed through the earth wires,which seems logical.

beeuuem 22:55 17 Sep 04

More info click here and click here

MartinEdwards1248 23:50 17 Sep 04

It is worth checking out the Linksys website as they have a lot of interesting information on this subject. click here.

TheGnome 19:48 30 Dec 04

I spotted in PC World a kit for networking through the mains; it was reasonably cheap, though I forget the exact price, but on the packaging it stated that it would not work with a surge protector. Hope this snippet of info is of use.

slimbo51 19:56 30 Dec 04

Could also have problems with other units starting up (Fridges, Pumps Ect) on the same phase, due to the high current surges generated.

Would need some form of isolation as well (Transformer or Optical).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…