Networking a USB printer in Windows 7

Allan RISC OS user 14:10 30 Jan 10

I have Windows 7 32 bit Home on my Desktop where I have my HP SPC 1350 all in one connected via its USB port.
My other computer is a Laptop also running Windows 7 Home but 64 bit.
Both are on my Wired LAN, I am having problems finding where to look to enable the Laptop to send files to the Desktop printer.

Can anyone give me some pointers which I must have missed?

BurrWalnut 14:24 30 Jan 10

On the computer that the printer is attached to, go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers > Double-click the printer icon > Customize your printer > Sharing Tab > Share this printer and type its name. > Apply, OK, etc.

On the other computer, go to Network > Add a printer at the top > Add a Network, wireless or Bluetooth printer and follow the wizard. Bear in mind that the printer and the PC that it’s connected to must be switched on to be able to be accessed by the other computer, unless you have a ‘proper’ wireless printer/adapter.

Allan RISC OS user 14:36 30 Jan 10

Thanks for that info, will have a look at it later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…