Networking - USB ADSL Modem V EWAN sock on router.

gillaroo 00:33 18 Aug 03

Hi guys- I have winXP Home main system, BT Acatel "green frog" ADSL modem which attachs by usb to main comp mobo, and works fine. My daughter has a desktop, and I have a laptop, and I want a network which will share broadband access- (BT supplied)
The "helpful" assistant at my local computer shop sold me a Unex IS050S 4 port router, which when I take it out of the box I am told to connect my modem to the EWAN port on the router,and each of my computers I want to network to one of the 4 ports.
Now call me stupid, but a USB plug into a EWAN socket doesn't go.

Question 1.
If I continue to plug the modem into my main comp via USB is there any way the connection from the main comp to the router port can "pick up" and distribute the broadband connection to the other two comps I want to network?( I suspect not)
Question 2.
Is there an adapter available to convert from a USB plug to a EWAN plug to allow me to do as instructed?
Question 3.
Is there an idiot's guide on the net which could help me out?
Question 4.
If this guy has sold me a pup and I have a redundant router and modem now, and need to spend more cash to buy gear that will work, does anyone want to came and watch me wring his scrawny neck?
Thanks in advance,
Colin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…