Networking two PCs

mike_w 09:35 04 May 03

I am trying to network rwo PCs
Both PC has Windows XP installed
I can't seem to be able to "see" one PC from the other in "view workgroup computers".
However the first time I swithed it on, I did. At present I can log onto to the internet through a shared router and they are both set to obtain IP adress automatically and I can "ping both PCs from eath other
Any take on this please
One of the PC (a laptop) has a wireless network card installed

Although I cannot help, I am having much the same sort of problem so will watch this thread with interest!

What is your setup?

I have Desktop running XP Pro and Laptop with XP Home. Had networked with cables and then installed the Buffalo 54g Wireless Router and cardbus. Now, cannot find networks at all. Have turned off all Virus/Firewall apps when running network wizzard but to no avail.

Have not yet (cannot figure it) set WEP but rely on MAC address access only for the laptop to communicate with the router. (Router is hardwired to the PC as well, so it is only the laptop that is using wireless).

Dont mean to hijack your thread but if there is any similarity then perhaps it will assist us both?

mike_w 10:06 04 May 03

The 2 computers with WIndows XP Home
A Draytek Vigor 2200 USB ADSL Router
A Netgear FA322 NIC in the desktop
A Netgear Wireless Access Point,
A Netgear Wireless PCMCIA in the laptop

Don't mind you hijacking the thread we are all in it to help ourselves

lenseman 10:21 04 May 03

Hi, just a thought, what are you sending the signal to the laptop with? is the router wirless?
I run a system that is hard wired through a D-Link hub, I am able to access AOL with both PCs using winproxy software. I am using 98se though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…