Networking through a wanadoo livebox

Ionbarber 19:01 08 Jan 07

I would much apricaite a dummie guide on how to set up a small network to share documents from each pc.

I have set each pc to workgroups and named them, but I just can't see each of them on either pc.

Many Thanks in advance.

TonyM 09:18 09 Jan 07

Make sure they are all part of the same workgroup (check spelling is the same), and ensure that each machine has at least one folder set to "shared".

Ionbarber 18:53 09 Jan 07

I will check the spelling over the next couple of days, however when and where should i see the other pc'c.

Cheers

TonyM 19:13 09 Jan 07

Go to "My Documents", click on "My Network Places" and then "View Workgroup Computers"

Ionbarber 20:01 09 Jan 07

I have carried out that but still i can't see either pc at each end. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I am sure I have them both set as workgroups. Tony M mentioned about checking the spelling, I have called the laptop "laptop" and home pc "Homepc"

Ionbarber 16:03 13 Jan 07

I have set the pc to workgroups, however when I click view work groups a message returns saying I need to contact the admistrator, this is my home wanadoo live box so I am not sure where to go from here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…