networking speeds

westdudes 18:55 28 Mar 04

hi, ive set my home network (two computers windows xp on both, speedtouch 510 router with dsl modem included)

i used to be able to get a transfer speed in which a around 10gigs could be transfered from one to other in about 30 mins but at moment it going very very slow.
what im doing is, ive transfered alot of files from one computer to the other, which was done at good speed and ok. Then i reformatted that computer, and set the network back up doing it the way i did b4, installing its drivers and then using the network wizard in windows xp.
Can anyone offer suggestions to why it may be running slower than before?
thanks
si

vinnyo123 19:09 29 Mar 04

You can try to double check NIC config.In device manager go down to NIC right click go to properties advanced ,connection type.See if it set to autosense(autonegotiation -fast link pulse detect)this tells NIC cards to negotiate fastest speed.You might also force it to 100basetx Full duplex.

Any hubs, switches?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…