networking question ?

fire 21:46 31 Dec 04

i have my main pc with broadband access and have a laptop connected as a network to it is there a way i can share the dial in connection for broadband with that of the laptop? hope this makes sense...thanks

Technotiger 21:54 31 Dec 04

Hi, I think what you need is Ethernet ADSL Modem with wireless connection (ethernet) to Laptop.
I do not know the details of such connection but am sure it is easily possible - someone else rather brighter than me will no doubt come on and explain more fully. Cheers.

Technotiger 22:27 31 Dec 04

click here

Me again - have a look at this thread, think it might help you too.

LastChip 23:53 31 Dec 04

You could use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) provided by Microsoft in the Windows operating system.

Or click here for a little Proxy Server that will do the same job.

With either of these options, the machine that is connected to the Internet will need to be on for the laptop to have access.

If you want individual access, that is, access via the laptop with the main pc turned off, you will need a router. This can be either wired or wireless.

Wired connections are currently faster than wireless, though purely for Internet access, you wont notice much (if any) difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…