Networking Probs (again)

Ken H Lamb 21:13 14 Jan 05

I have follwoed the recent network problem with great interest since I have a similar problem. I cannot get me laptop to see my desktop computer. I have a wired Belkin 5 port switch, I e-mailed Belkin over a week ago and still not reply.
The error Event ID is 8003 the "master browser has received a server announcment from the computer Advent (my laptop) that belives that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_(EEA5B255.67A1.4123.B7. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced. The other Event ID is 1007 Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network cardwith the network address 00110963975A The IP address being used is HELP!!!!!!! :-(

SANTOS7 21:21 14 Jan 05

click here this may help.....

Ken H Lamb 16:25 15 Jan 05

Unfortunately this did not resolve the problem. When I run Windows repair local network connection facility it gives the following message "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address". The IP address on the laptop is Subnet mask and on the Desktop it is Subnet mask HELP HELP!!!!!!!! :-(

Irishman 17:02 15 Jan 05

Try putting the ip address into the laptop manually. Does not matter what it is or if you put the DNS server address's in as well as long as you force XP to change the ip address. Then change it back to "obtain address automatically".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…