Networking problems change of IP address

Alison-191125 23:33 07 Jan 06

We have been given a new set of IP addresses for our PC's and Internet. I have added a new scope and on the server disabled the previous one. The server has accepted the changes made and can now access the internet. pinged a couple the PC's my server sees them. But cannot ping the server from them? (Possible still sees the old IP address??)

I now need to change the IP address on the PC's how is this done? I thought the PC's would automatically pick up the addresses from the new scope that has been added?

Also logged on a PC and couldn't get the internet connection, typed in the forwarding IP address through the connection window on the tools menu, still not working.

Decided to log off the network on one PC make it part of a workgroup, then tried to log back onto the network and a message about 'net bios'?? Any ideas?

madPentium 01:20 08 Jan 06

if you go to one of the pcs on the network, and type run, enter cmd so you get a dos interface, and enter ipconfig, what ip is showing?
If it's the old one, and the server is correctly configured as dhcp, enter the command
ipconfig /release
then enter ipconfig /renew
this should force the pc to obtain the new ip address. Check it with ipconfig again to make sure. If not, I suspect the server settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5