Networking Problems

laurie_datlen 14:39 16 Nov 04

I have two computers running Windows XP PRO. I have run the networking wizard on both machines without any luck. I have the networking icon is the taskbar on both machines and it says data is being sent but the recieved stays at zero. Both network card are installed and a crossover cable between machines. There is no internet connection so i just wanna share files but with no luck. The my documents folder is set to be shared but the computers dont seem to wanna share anything. I have fiddled with all the tcp/ip settings with no luck. PlZ HeLp

ACOLYTE 15:30 16 Nov 04

In the network places folder can you see the shared docs on both machines? and have set them both on the same workgroup,if so clciking the "view workgroup computers" should show both pcs.Also it could be the firewall stoping shareing ,what firewall have you got?.

laurie_datlen 15:33 16 Nov 04

No firewall installed, and when clicking view workgroup computers a message appears stating it cannot find any other computers on the network

ACOLYTE 15:44 16 Nov 04

Try running the wizard again this time when it ask for a workgroup name enter both pcs as the same name.Is the windows firewall on? if so this may be the problem try turning it off for the lan connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…