Networking problem

jayatissa 13:31 25 May 09

I'm having a home network with three computers operaing under Windows Xp. When I set it up earlier it worked without any problem. I introduced TCP/IP addresses following the instruction given in a web page. The network has a switch and the switch was connected to a internet router. Every thing worked well. But recently i had to changed the router and therefore I changed TCP/IP addresses for automaticaly obtain position to get the internet connection worked with the new router. After doing this change eventhough I could access the internet from each computer, the links between each computer could not be established. I again changed the position to manual and inserted the Auto set numbers to rectify the situation and checked by using cmd> and ping> commands. One computer can establish a connection to one of the other two but other two can not establish connection with any of the computers in the network. Each computer can access internet and also they can PING the router's IP. I checked the names of computers and the group name again twice by to establish a home network, but it did not resolve the problem. Advices are greately appreciated. Thanks.

Ashrich 13:59 25 May 09

Sounds like firewall problems , try disabling them all temporarily and see if that makes a difference .

Ashley

jayatissa 16:13 25 May 09

Dear Ashley, Thanks for your response. But it did not work. I selected two computers to establish the link first. Ping works one way. What could be the next then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…