networking problem

rsinbad 18:49 06 Mar 06

just changed my ssid identification name ,now other comuters cannot connect.

I know that all three should have the same name to be able to connect.My question is how do i mannually do this on the other 2 computers

mgmcc 19:41 06 Mar 06

Normally the Wireless Adapter's software scans for Available Wireless Networks, finds the one with the SSID that matches the Wireless Access Point (router) you are trying to connect to and you then select the option to "Connect" to it, which will involve entering any WEP or WPA encryption key.

Only with an "Ad Hoc" network should you have to enter the SSID yourself.

3kipper 20:58 06 Mar 06

I have 3 Laptops connecting via wireless to a 3comm router. The router connects to broadband internect isp. I can access the router from all laptops by entering 192.168.1.1 ip address. One of the laptops will "wake-up" the internet connectio if it has dropped, automatically. eg go to IE, not webpage found, hit refresh and it appears. The other two won't do this automatically, I have to log onto admin panel of the router and click "connect" to get the internet connection working. Are there some setting in IE or XP that I'm missing??

3kipper 21:23 06 Mar 06

Sorry... added to your thread rather than starting a new one....

.... Moderator if you can delete posts please remove this one and my blurb above :-)

rsinbad 22:20 06 Mar 06

for some reason the two wireless computers cannot connect they can see the access point but are not able to connect , if i change the name back they work. Must be missing a setting on the two computers?

3 kipper no probs

Danoh 00:42 07 Mar 06

I had the same problem when I tried to change SSId via wireless access to the router (192.168.1.1).

The problem went away after I connected via an Ethernet cable to change the SSID on the router instead (again using 192.168.1.1).

Then I deleted the wireless connections on each of the wireless client PCs, and added a new one, specifying the new SSID and all the security settings (all the while remaining un-wired from the router). Each wireless client immediately picked up the router's broadcast and connected automatically after that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…