networking a printer via wireless router

rhiansara 20:54 12 Aug 07

Hi, I have been trying to connect my printer to my wireless network so that i can print from my laptop without actually plugging it into the printer.
It this possible?
I've tried everything I can think of but just cannot seem to get it to work - any suggestions would be great!
Thank you
Rhian

ambra4 21:32 12 Aug 07

Wireless Printing

click here

Or you can use a wireless printer server

click here

Strawballs 22:33 12 Aug 07

I have a wireless router with a printer connected to one of the desktops and can print to that from any of the PC's in my network (as long as the PC with the printer is switched on) all you have to do is swithch on file and printer shareing on the machine with printer on it and then go to printers on the others and add printer > networked printer browse for the printer then connect to it and make it the default printer then it will go to that printer when you hit print.

rhiansara 19:33 15 Aug 07

I have tried to share this printer but when I try to print from my laptop wirelessly it says that there is a communication error. May this be to do with my PC being XP and the laptop being Vista?

Thanks
Rhian

Ashrich 22:21 15 Aug 07

To add a printer in Vista go to start/settings/printers , add a printer , add a network , wireless or bluetooth , click next , if it cannot be found ( host PC and printer must be turned on ) you can have the option to browse for it on the network , select the printer , and providing there are Vista drivers for it , they will be loaded . First of all though , go into the printer properties on the XP machine ( select printer , right click , select properties and the second tab at the top should say " sharing " tick the box to share , there will also be the option to load other OS drivers , do that if necessary .

Ashley

rhiansara 09:56 19 Aug 07

i have tried to load the other drivers but it is asking me to insert a CD for them, which I do not have!
can these drivers be downloaded from the net?

Thanks
Rhian

Ashrich 11:15 19 Aug 07

Yes , just download them from the manufacturers web site.

Ashley

kristain 06:25 20 Sep 11

Hi,

After installing and configuring the wireless router, plug your printer into the wireless router by attaching the printer’s USB cable into the USB port on the router. All computers that have previously used this printer may now have access to the wireless network or you may bridge wired network to continue being able to print using printer having wireless router. Get more information to Connect Wireless Printer to Router. Hope this information helps you.

mgmcc 11:53 20 Sep 11

kristain,

"Hope this information helps you."

Maybe a little late, the thread you've posted in is four years old!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now