Networking Permissions

Quegg 22:13 04 Jan 06

Im running on XP, and am trying to set up a network with my xbox, which is obvously a relatively simple excercise. However, when i begin the new network connection wizard, it doesn't start up and, and hits me with the message:-
'Your user account does not have adequate permissions to set up a home or small office network.
To set up a network, you must have permissions to configure internet connection sharing, internet connection firewall, and network bridging'
All of this, and i'm the administrator, ive tried various solutions, such as setting up an inferior account which i've heard could help, and also safe mode, but no success. Any help would be much appreciated because i really do not want to format!
Thanks.

Skyver 23:49 04 Jan 06

Look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Network
and make sure all entries starting `No` have `0` values.

Quegg 21:00 05 Jan 06

thanks, but there is no network folder within the policies folder. Please help someone im goin crazy here!

Skyver 21:12 05 Jan 06

Is that XP Home or Pro? Have you tried from another account set up as Administrator?

Quegg 21:14 05 Jan 06

Sorry its XP Home, yes i have tried from another administrator account but nothing seems to work at all.

Quegg 21:29 05 Jan 06

mp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…