networking pc`s

qwesaws 18:01 14 Aug 07

what`s the best way to net work one PC to another I`d like to do this to improve flight simulation which I intend to use.
thanks

woodchip 18:08 14 Aug 07

If you have any other than Win2000, Go into Control Panel on a XP computer. turn on all printers and Computers that you want to share on your router. In Control panel go to Network Setup wizard run the Program and create a disc when it ask's if you want one. use this disc in other computers to setup other comps. on the disc it will be just one file, Use the disc in other comps double click it to setup that computer. After you can go to Windows Explorer right click what you want to share change the settings. Sharing is at the foot of Windows explorer look there for MS Home under networking

qwesaws 06:16 15 Aug 07

thanks for that, please explain router and tell me what cards and cables etc I will need, as you have probably gathered I am new to this and to get It right I will need a lot of help

mad1234 10:48 15 Aug 07

press F1 on your desktop & the windows help comes up which gives you step by step instructions to network your pc's(i used this to network mine)

how are you connected to the internet? most people these days use broadband & generally they use a router for this.

have a look then we can go from there

qwesaws 11:10 15 Aug 07

pressed F1 can`t find networking in help
I`m connected to the internet via broadband using Virgin Media with a speedtouch modem

mad1234 11:37 15 Aug 07

what OS are you using?

mad1234 11:53 15 Aug 07

click here
have a look at this from virgin

qwesaws 12:06 15 Aug 07

I`m using Xp on this computer and Vista on the new computer and its these 2 computers I want to network may be if possible I should clean this computer and instal Vista

mad1234 12:23 15 Aug 07

ok on the pc running XP goto start button then help & support. in the search box type "networking" without the quotes then enter. down the left side are the search results, there is a one "walkthrough: home networking". pick that one.
hope this helps

mad1234 16:54 15 Aug 07

^

qwesaws 06:27 16 Aug 07

thanks Mad this is what I need

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…