Networking Outlook Express

Ecowise 11:06 11 Feb 05

I have my PC and laptop wireless networked. This is fine for webmail, but dreadfully slow. I want to link Outlook Express e-mails as a shared system. Please can anyone advise me? Thanks, Gill

Llwydyn 11:01 15 Feb 05

I’m also interested in sharing Outlook Express on more than one computer – usually because one of the kids are on the ‘better’ computer when I need to use it!
These are two possible solutions I have come across, although I have yet to decide which one to use:

1. Go to Tools > Options > Maintenance and then change the location of the Message Store. (I would imagine that this solution requires the computer which holds the Message Store to be switched on also).

2. Set up each machine to leave mail on the server – one computer should be set to be used as the master in order to remove the messages from your ISP after a number of days. (Not too sure about the suitability of this method for my own use).

Would be interested to know if there is a solution which allows better sharing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…