Networking my two desktops.

I have a bt broadband adsl modem on one pc and wanted to network them can anyone tell me what i need to do and buy both the pcs have 10/100 ethernet Any help would be much obliged. Ross mcdonagh

Marky_Bhoy 23:32 27 Oct 03

There is lots of help on this topic if you search for "networking" in the archive of helproom.

The best way to network your two PCs (in my opinion) is to link them via a router.

You can get a Linksys router for around £40 from You will also need network patch cables (RJ45) also from ebuyer.

You may have to drill through a few walls (unless you go for wireless tech - which I don't know about but I believe it is more problematic)

The best thing about linking them via a router is that all PCs on the network enjoy BB without any reduction in speed. Also it means that your main PC does not have to be switched on all of the time for the other PCs to go online.

You do not have to run Win Network wizzard just yet. But once you have established the connection you might want to set up a home network to share files and printers.

However this is very easy if both PCs are using Win XP.

Hope this is enough to get you started.

Thank you for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…