Networking Issues - cannot load profiles of users

Alison-191125 15:58 14 Oct 04

I'm the administrator of a small network of 15 pc. I'm having problems with one of them. As administrator i have access, but some users cannot log on a message saying profile cannot load comes up or something like that.
On this particular machine i have access to the internet, but for those who manage to log on to this PC cannot access use internet explorer.

As you double click on it a message appears saying error and then Microsoft does their bit and says i need to download, it then takes you to the help menu but obviously cannot take you to the required page because... it cannot load internet explorer.

Does anyone know how this problem could be solved??

AndySD 16:17 14 Oct 04

What O/S on the PC and the Server. Also are tou using Active Directory.

recap 16:40 14 Oct 04

Can you ping the server and visa versa?

Run your virus checker.

Check your Event Viewer for any error messages.

Alison-191125 12:41 01 Nov 04

Hi AndySD
Operating system win 2000 xp (compaq) and i am also using an active directory and it is odd that some users can use this one machine and others cannot. It says something like the profile cannot load, yet as the admin i can log on.

as the admin i can log on and ping to the server but as others cannot get in that far.

when i go into system properties and click on advanced/ user profiles/ settings the list of users that appear as accounts unknown. and towards the end of the list appear those who can log on without any problems.

i have run the virus checker and no virus appears, checks are done every 20 mins and i update a new disk everymonth.

there is activity between my server and my computer not sure what else to look at.

recap 14:11 01 Nov 04

Have you checked the Event Viewer on both the server and client machine?

This can be done via the server, for the client machine open AD, select Computers OU, Right click the client machine in question and select Manage. From here you can access the Event Viewer.

If there is an error relating wither to DNS, DHCP or Netlogon post back the Event ID.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…